Singing and making music with residents in care homes can be challenging but it is always rewarding. This toolkit will help you start, whether you’re a professional musician, care home staff or an amateur singer (and there are tips for the more established, too.) Scroll down to the bottom of this page for a video of LMN musicians discussing the benefits of working in outreach settings, such as care homes. If you’d like to keep in touch with the latest developments, please do register your interest with us.
Find out about:
1. What happens in a singing care home?
- The many ways of singing activities
- What you need to know before starting
- Making connections with care homes
- Selling singing
- Learning care home culture
- Choosing songs
- Leading a singing session
3. Repertoire – what music to choose?
- Musical Integrity
- Balancing familiar music with less familiar
- The many ways of enhancing singing – on little or no additional resources
- Training and Support
Download a copy of The Rhythm of Life, a toolkit for singing leaders here